[TR] TR "Standard" motor rebuild.

Jim and Diggle diggle at clear.net.nz
Tue Nov 18 12:36:34 MST 2008

Here's my 2 cents worth.
I was going to eventually get my friend, the engine reconditioner, to redo
the motor, which is in good condition and does not need rebuiding, so that I
could install 91mm pistons etc etc and get at least 130HP out of my TR4.
Well my wife wanted her own little sports car so I had a look at my mates
Hnda Del sol Sir DOHC Vtec 170HP 1600cc rocket ship with electric roof that
folds into the boot and bought her one. That car motors, 0-60 MPH in 6.8
secs.
No TR will do that and still drive like a normal car in city traffic. Don't
get me wrong the Honda has not got the soul and class of my TR and is
nowhere as pretty. For now a relatively standard TR is just fine, think of
all the money I would have spent.

Jim and his 1962 TR4