[TR] TR "Standard" motor rebuild.

Brian.L.Jones at gsk.com Brian.L.Jones at gsk.com
Tue Nov 18 12:24:21 MST 2008

Isn't there a middle road here? Mike may have gone beyond what most have
done, with 90mm pistons and all, but as with other parts of the car, we
have the opportunity to repair/refurbish with an upgrade. Just as it is
easy for me to talk myself into braided stainless flexible brake lines and
better bushings, I can convince myself to move to the later, slimmer stem
exhaust valves and add a port-and-polish. I have a TR4 with 10.5:1
compression. The car came that way, and I only discovered it when I
buretted the head. I have 87mm pistons, a smooth idle, a stock flywheel
that I may lighten a little, and plenty of zip - or should I say Zest. I
do buy Premium gas.

Brian Jones
TR4 1963
CT14455-L