[TR] TR "Standard" motor rebuild.

jimmuller at rcn.com jimmuller at rcn.com
Mon Nov 17 15:18:43 MST 2008

MMoore wrote:
> Obviously, if I were racing or autocrossing, it would be a
> different story.  I'm becoming a fan of "stock is best"
> thinking any more.

I can't say I'd prefer stock over something different, simply because that something different might be an improvement in ways other than pure performance.  But I've always subscribed to MM's usage statement.  Unless I'm competing, a small improvement in absolute performance isn't significant one way or the other.  I do appreciate the GT6's power advantage over the Spitfire for some situations.  But as long as performance is sufficient (and it is for the Spitfire), I refuse to worry about it.  It's still fun to drive, but the real point is this.  Were I to wish for another 0.5sec off the 0-60 times,  I might as well wish for another 0.5sec off that, and other 0.5sec off that, and other 0.5sec off that.  I'd soon run out of wish juice, not to mention money.  Better to enjoy it as-is.
--
Jim Muller, wishing for a new DBS, not expecting one
'70 GT6+, red and virile