[TR] TR-3 Wiper Motor

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Fri Nov 14 12:13:39 MST 2008

> >From top to bottom they are Black, Green, Black/Green.

That doesn't seem to jive with my memory, tho I suppose it depends on
exactly which wiper motor you have.  Mine has two push-on terminals,
identified as "1" and "2", plus a screw to the side (and more-or-less in the
middle of the two push-on terminals) for the ground wire, which does not run
into the harness.  Terminal "1" gets the black/green wire.  Terminal "2"
gets the solid green wire (which may be two wires depending on the age of
your wiring harness).

The ground wire just runs over to one of the mounting bolts to the body.

While most of the wiper motors did have the red 'park' wire exposed on top
of the parking mechanism; some of them did not.  On those motors, the park
wire runs inside the housing.  But as noted, if the park wire is shorted to
ground (which can easily happen where it goes through the hole in the case),
the motor will run whenever the ignition switch is on.  On the motors with
the wire inside the housing, I believe the same thing can happen if there is
a piece missing from the post on the gear.

Randall