[TR] absent plug rust?

pethier at comcast.net pethier at comcast.net
Thu Nov 13 10:53:23 MST 2008

From: <triumph at 2simpleusa.com>
> On the basis that I will inevitably forget that I drained the oil and then try
> and start it in the spring (or one of my kids will ...), I would put oil back in
> the system for the winter!  In tems of rusting, unless the car/engine is in a
> location where it can get fairly warm (near vents, dryer oulets, rare burst of
> sustained warm winter sunshine, etc.) then you should not get condensation
> inside the block as a result of heating and cooling, and even then, you should
> be OK with the film of oil that coats everything inside the engine.

If you drain the oil and don't put in new oil and turn over the engine for a while, you still have old oil sitting on the bearings so you might as well have left the old oil in there.

--
62 Triumph TR4 CT2846L, 07 Saturn Ion 3 2.4, 93 Suburban, 94 Miata C-package, 79 Caterham 7
pethier [at] comcast [dot] net http://forum.mnautox.com/forums/ http://www.flickr.com/photos/pethier