[TR] Installing 123 ignition in a TR6

Marc Nederkoorn marc.nederkoorn at home.nl
Tue Nov 11 14:21:00 MST 2008

Hello Brian,

My  plan to install a 123 Ignition in a TR6 is to use it as-is. I converted
the Tach to Electronic (Using a Smiths donor instrument ;-).

Pic's attached (stripped to the list).

I have held the conversion of the Dutch company in my hands; it still is the
old Lucas dizzy and one of the reasons for me to convert would be to replace
a worn out dizzy. As a side benefit you will get a Bosch rotor and cap. Some
more prone to failure parts replaced!

If you favor the original look, the conversion would be the way to go. The
company here in the Netherlands is the only one that can order just the ECB
of the 123. As you may know the manufacturer of the 123 Ignition is a Dutch
company also, Albertronics.

In my approach I will retain the original looks for the Dash and have the
more reliable solution under the hood/bonnet. Just my 2 Eurocents of course.

Regards,
Marc

(The Netherlands)

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/octet-stream which had a name of DZM innerseite.jpg]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/octet-stream which had a name of DZM Anzeiger.jpg]