[TR] Apparent vapor lock

terryrs at comcast.net terryrs at comcast.net
Mon Nov 10 17:02:28 MST 2008

<Today I "fluttered" the gas pedal and increased RPMs and it cleared up
butB B

<returned soon after I drove with a steady position on the pedal. B This
B tells
<me that it is being fed too much fuel (?), and to be honest, behaves like
B it
<is only one carb.
<I had a similar experience once with my 6 and it was because there were B
<Grosse float valves with the little ball. B I replaced then with OEM style
B and it
<went away.B B

Hi, David.

Am beginning to wonder if you mightn't have a bit of crud such as a piece of
broken rubber hose that intermittently jams the float valve.

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A

New Hampshire