[TR] Leaking clutch master cylinder after 1278 miles

thenicholls at verizon.net thenicholls at verizon.net
Mon Nov 10 06:01:37 MST 2008

To the list,

6/20/07 have a leak in my 72 Triumph TR6 at the clutch slave cylinder.

Order brand new master and slave from TRF.

British car shop installed 6/22/07, and made the comment that they did
not like to install parts in a white box.  I was like what?  The master
said Girling on it and it was from TRF so this comment confused me.

This weekend I noticed fluid below the master, and you know how that
works on the paint.  I checked all connections, they are fine.

Could the list provide me some information?  Should I just replace it
again, and if so, should I order it from somewhere else?  I can't
imagine that a NOS master sitting around for 30 years would be a good
choice.

Thanks in advance.

Craig H. Nicholls
Vienna, VA