[TR] [6pack] Painting brake calipers?

Robert Lang lang at isis.mit.edu
Mon Nov 10 05:27:15 MST 2008

Hi,

I've just wire-brushed my calipers prior to painting. I've done a couple
of sets. One set I seperated 'cause I wound up using a grease gun to get
the pistons out... that was a messy-messy job getting the grease out of
the passages! But the most recent set was a piece of cake (the pistons
came out easily with a screwdriver and some persuasion) and I just used my
bench grinder with 6" wire brushes... the whole job took maybe two hours
(to strip, wire brush and paint), add another hour for painting.

I used Duplicolor silver brake caliper paint.

Regards,
rml