[TR] Apparent vapor lock

Chip19474 at aol.com Chip19474 at aol.com
Sun Nov 9 14:13:41 MST 2008

David,

When it runs rough during that "short time restart", do you observe the
exhaust color running "rich"?  I've seen conditions where the float level  is just
high enough and the float needles are just sticky enough to allow fuel  to
get past the float needles after the motor is turned off and collect in  the
intake manifold. This will only happen for a short time until the  residual fuel
pressure from the fuel pump is drawn down.  So, after an hour  of engine off,
the fuel evaporates but after a few minutes the fuel is there and  rich enough
to load the engine and cause rough running.

If the engine isn't running rich during this "short time restart" then we
have to think of another cause.  If the engine starts well you'd think that
there's enough fuel in the bowls so fuel percolation or low fuel levels in the
bowls don't seem to be the culprit.  During the "short time restart"  running
(when it's running rough) does pulling the choke out make it run any
differently?

Chip Krout
Delaware Valley Triumphs, Ltd.
Skippack, PA
1976 TR6  CF57822U

In a message dated 11/9/2008 11:19:00 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,