[TR] I give up

jimmuller at rcn.com jimmuller at rcn.com
Fri Nov 7 14:00:45 MST 2008

Randall wrote:
> Sorry, Jim, but I disagree.

Excellent!  (I figured that would happen. :-)

Well, in truth I thought about that sort of meter, but wasn't sure if Smiths had made them that way or not.  I've never had occasion to take an automotive ammeter apart.  So I took a leap and described how a tradition current-detection circuit would be designed.  I would think that sort of meter less consistent across manufacturing samples, but maybe that's the whole point, it doesn't have to be all that accurate.  And of course, AC is different too.
--
Jim M