[TR] Painting brake calipers?

Joe Merone jmerone at rocketmail.com
Fri Nov 7 11:01:20 MST 2008

I'm about to install my new drilled and slotted rotors, Green Stuff brake
pads, and rebuilt calipers on my TR6.  It's a wished for combination of
increased stopping power plus a desire for a cool looking set-up behind the KN
minilites.

I'm also considering painting the calipers but don't know to
what extreme to take it.  A simple coat of gloss black is the top choice right
now.  Next level up would be a matching red body color.  After that is an
unlikely contrasting color like yellow.

Caliper painters out there - which
way did you go?  Did you do the rear drums too?  Which system and application
process?

Thanks,
Joe Merone
CF18928