[TR] TR3 coach handle

Loumetelko at aol.com Loumetelko at aol.com
Thu Nov 6 18:18:16 MST 2008

My early TR2 came with a coach key very different from the "dogbone" style
available from any of our normal suppliers.  Mine is a simple 6" tall affair
made of 3/8" solid steel.  The T top is just 3" wide and is welded to the leg.
The bottom of the leg is grinder shaped to be about 3/16" square at the bottom
to fit the carriage locks.  Don't know if this is home made or original but I
have seen the identical coach key with other very early cars.  I think we have
to realize that Triumph probably used many suppliers for this very mundane
non technical tool hence the variations.

I personally would be very upset if I were to lose mine.  Sad that Geo lost
his at an all Triumph show where every one there knew what it was and how rare
they are.

Lou Metelko
Auburn, Indiana