[TR] TR3 coach handle

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Thu Nov 6 15:27:03 MST 2008

> It's not worth an argument, but I'd be willing to bet a bunch that in 1965
> there were no reproduction TR3 parts being made (particularly coach keys),

Perhaps not as reproduction TR3 parts; but as noted, TR3s are not the only
devices to use such coach keys.  ISTR my Dad's 1930 Packard had one, too.

Of course, it's also entirely possible that different cars were delivered
with different style keys.  The folks at Standard/Leyland were more
interested in delivering an inexpensive sports car than keeping every detail
'just so'.

But the copy of Practical Hints that I checked shows a straight handle,
rather than sculpted.
http://www.shoalsbritishcars.org/technical/owners_manual%20-TR3.pdf
(page 26, Fig 20, item 10)

Randall