[TR] TR3 coach handle

Karl Vacek kvacek at ameritech.net
Thu Nov 6 14:40:46 MST 2008

It's not worth an argument, but I'd be willing to bet a bunch that in 1965
there were no reproduction TR3 parts being made (particularly coach keys),
since the factory and dealers and distributors still had real parts in stock.

My '63 TR3B TSF 130L I bought in August 1965, and my '57 TR3 before that, each
had keys that looked just like the one in the Roadster Factory catalog.
"Sculpted handle" and all.  There are more list members that had these cars
from new or nearly new and can bear this out.

And they worked fine everywhere they were needed.

Karl

  Those sculpted-handle coach keys are some kind of reproduction key. My TR3
race car came with one and it never worked as well as the original type
(constant diameter handle) that came with The Blue TR3. Especially in the boot
lid and spare tire cover fasteners.

  John