[TR] thanks all

Joe Curry spitlist at cox.net
Wed Nov 5 22:10:22 MST 2008

Jim,
If they are alloy wheels, particularly very light ones, chances are they are
bent.

The lighter the wheels, the softer the alloy; and therefore the more easily
they are bent.

I had a set of Keiser wheels that I used for autocross and they could not be
mounted on any by a few special machines because most exert too much
pressure on the back side of the wheel to counter the breaking force that
dislodges the tire bead from the rim.

But on the positive side, there are places that specialize in straightening
such rims.