[TR] tired of tire stores

Chip19474 at aol.com Chip19474 at aol.com
Wed Nov 5 06:18:57 MST 2008

Jim,

Many years ago I learned that independent garages (as opposed to Tire
Chains) offer the best solutions to tire/wheel problems with our cars and, if  you
can find one that is especially sensitive to "old" cars, you've really got a
gem.

I've got a guy who is only 12 miles away who specializes in wheel
alignment/frame repair/balancing who is the third generation owner and who  remembers
his dad working on Brit cars and (here's the bottom line) completely
understands old Brit car suspensions, wire wheels, trunnions, trailing arms,  IRS, etc.
I'm also blessed with having an independent tire store only a  mile from home
whose owner also understands old Brit cars, is a conscientious  guy and
respects the cars when he works on them.

Point is......try to find someone like these guys in your neighborhood
through word-of-mouth, local Triumph Club recommendation, etc. and give them a
shot.

Chip Krout
Delaware Valley Triumphs, Ltd.
Skippack, PA