[TR] Etiquette

MMoore8425 at aol.com MMoore8425 at aol.com
Sun Nov 2 06:34:32 MST 2008

In a message dated 11/2/2008 4:26:21 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
auprichard at comcast.net writes:

What is  the accepted etiquette when one is out for a drive with one's wife
and a  passing car yells "She's a beauty!" ?

Reply "Thanks, we love our  Triumphs", or "Thanks, we've been married a long
time" ?

In my case,  I can lie about the year of the car and reply "Thanks - she's in
great  shape for a 1958 model", but it never sounds very  convincing........

Andrew Uprichard

Dear Confused:
Fish only get caught when they open their mouths. A simple equally  ambiguous
 "Thank You" is adequate and prudent.
Abby
5 Travel Deals!