[TR] Misc. Items

Greg Gelhar ggelhar at earthlink.net
Fri May 30 15:08:46 MDT 2008

Dan,

I like to use a large 1 ohm resistor between the battery + and the device I
am testing. If the device is faulty and shorted the maximum current that
flows is 12 amps. A serviceable substitution for the resistor is a common
headlamp with test leads soldered to it. It will pass the necessary current
to test most components. If the component is shorted, the headlamp will
light without harm.
You can also judge the current draw by looking at the intensity of the
light.

Greg Gelhar
1973 TR6
1980 TR8