[TR] TR6 seat belt inertia reel anchorage point

Ann and Tim Buja thebujas at comcast.net
Fri May 30 08:40:24 MDT 2008

I bought a pair of inertial reel seat belts from TRF when they were on sale
earlier this year to replace the frayed OE lap belts on my 72 TR6.  These
belts have to be original since there's a vestige of a Triumph book logo on
the buckle and "TRIUMPH" on the label sewn in to the belt ends.

Unfortunately, there don't appear to be any holes drilled in the wheel
arches in my TR6 to accommodate the inertial reel mounting.  Does anyone
have measurements of where the mounting hole is on their car so I can mount
mine in the same place?  I'm looking for something like "My seatbelt anchor
is 1-1/2 inches to the rear of the vertical rise from the floor pan to the
package shelf above the diff and 3/4 inch above the package shelf where it
meets the wheel arch".  These measurements are made up, of course, since I
have no idea where it should be right now.

Thanks in advance,
Tim Buja - Rockford, IL - 80 TR8, 73 Stag, 72 TR6