[TR] Replacement shocks for TR6 tube shock conversion

Wages, Jeffrey (CDC/CCID/NCPDCID) bzw8 at cdc.gov
Tue May 27 14:41:06 MDT 2008

Yes.

It's KYB Model GR2 #343138. I got this from VB. They pulled a shock from
the kit and told me the model stamped on the side.

I will tell you that this model did not work on my conversion kit. It
seems I have either an older kit or some custom job that, when compared
to the current kits, has a taller upper shock mount. That meant that
this shock ended up being 1.5"-2" to short in overall extension. The
current kits offered have a noticeably shorter upper extension. If you
are certain that you have one of the kits I mentioned then you should be
good to go.

I have two of these shocks now that I will have to return to Pep Boys if
anyone has trouble finding them. Pep Boys can get them via special
order. They were $28.99ea. KYB's online store has them as well for a tad
cheaper but I decided to go local since I wasn't 100% confident in the
model working.

BTW - After going through all of this I've decided to go back to an
uprated Armstrong lever shock. I found noticeable wear on one of my tire
sidewalls and stress cracks on the cross member welds. I really like the
215 Yokies on the car and would prefer that over the tube shock.

Hope that helps,

Jeff