[TR] [British-cars] TR4 mechanical tachometer stopped.

pethier at comcast.net pethier at comcast.net
Tue May 27 12:19:32 MDT 2008

> >it has to deal with the car reversing)?
>
> Not really.  The engine is always turning in the same direction.  The
> xmission is resposible for making you go backwards.

That phrase was referring to the speedo, not the tach.

> However,
> since the speedo can handle it, one would think the tach would have
> the same mechanics in it to handle a reversal.

That's exactly what I thought I was asking about.  Randall pointed out that the cable turns the same way as the needle, so counter-clockwise is the correct way to set the drill motor.

--
Phil Ethier  West Side  Saint Paul Minnesota  USA
1962 Triumph TR4 CT2846L, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1993 Suburban,