[TR] Ignition rotors

pethier at comcast.net pethier at comcast.net
Tue May 27 11:09:11 MDT 2008

I think I found the smoking gun.

On the breaker plate, there is a small tab which connects a short wire to a screw on the body of the distributor.  This tab is crimped to the wire. This crimp looked good.  The tab itself appears to be riveted to the breaker plate with a rivet having a "+" embossed into it.  This tab rattles.  I reasoned that this could cause an iffy ground that would cause the intermittent ignition.

I umcrimped the wire and attached to the wire a ring terminal which I held down with the nearest mounting stud which attaches the Pertronix to the breaker plate.

Car runs fine.   Good thing, too, as the rotor O'Rielly sold me is the wrong one.  Too long.

Of course TR44SUE now has ANOTHER problem which I will address in its own thread.  Meg the Miata is seducing me now...

--
Phil Ethier  West Side  Saint Paul Minnesota  USA
1962 Triumph TR4 CT2846L, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1993 Suburban,