[TR] Length of Stator Tube?

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Tue May 27 09:16:02 MDT 2008

> How do we get in touch with Mark? Email address or phone
> number would be handy,

>From :
http://macysgarage.com/myweb6/contact.htm
PHONE:  (937) 266-1831  (M-F 9AM-4:30PM Eastern)
e-Mail:  mark at macysgarage.com

> Is it the stator tube or the nut & ferrule that keeps the
> control head from turning?

As John said, the nut & ferrule hold the stator tube, the stator tube holds
the control head.

Probably the most common problem is the stator tube breaking at the bottom
of the slot that the control head engages (ie inside the steering column);
which is likely a sign that the turn signal canceling mechanism is binding
and putting extra force on the tube.

Randall