[TR] Yellow plugs - more data

Adrian Jones adrianjones747 at earthlink.net
Mon May 26 19:20:49 MDT 2008

Well, today I ran some compression tests:

Cold engine: 183, 185, 185, 180 psi
Normal engine temperature: 174, 174, 176, 169 psi

Leak down test on a warm engine gave: 5, 3, 3, 3%

Looks like the engine is in pretty good nick.

I went the extreme and lowered the jets on both (SU) carbs: 18 flats down from the top.
Idle gave sooty plugs, as expected.
After a run all plugs were pretty much cleaned but now with a white deposit.

Sooooo, Ill be ordering a SU rebuild kit from TRF in the morning unless there are any more ideas.

Cheers,  Adrian TS 58325
Hope everybody had a pleasant 3 day weekend