[TR] Length of Stator Tube?

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Mon May 26 17:03:56 MDT 2008

>  And what are the dimensions of the slot cut in the end of
> the tube that engage into the turn signal assembly?  All info
> on making one would be helpful.

The length of both the tube and the slot depends on whether you have the
'adjustable' steering wheel or not (actually whether you have the control
head for the adjustable steering wheel).

Also, I believe the original tube has thinner walls than brake line does ...
if you use brake line, you may have a hard time getting the wires through
the tube.

Easier to just buy one from Mike Macy, IMO.

> Mine has been missing since I got the car ten years ago, and
> now that I have the front apron off to replace the radiator,

Don't need the apron off to replace the tube ... it goes in from the
steering wheel side and won't even fit the other way.

Randall