[TR] Yellow plugs - no luck so far

Adrian Jones adrianjones747 at earthlink.net
Sun May 25 06:19:37 MDT 2008

OK, here's what I've changed:
New plugs (NGK BP6HS), bumble bee wires, rotor, distributor cap.
Re-cleaned piston rods in carbs.
Front and back carb jets set at 13 and 14 flats down.

Now, all plugs are showing a white deposit after a run despite showing a yellow flame (Colourtune) at idle.
I'm pretty sure there is no air leak anywhere so I think I"m left with a carb rebuild.  I'll check the appearance of the coolant in the block before I do that.

Bummed about missing out on the good weather but I shouldn't complain - at least I didn't burn a hole in a piston.

I'll piddle about with the carbs later today (- would sticking float valves be a possibility?)

Anyways, I'll get back when/if I find anything interesting.

Thanks for the wire suggestions - I'll be ordering up some Magnecors.

Cheers,  Adrian  TS58325