[TR] TR3 Steering Rack Conversion?

David Ljung Madison team.net at Daveola.com
Sat May 24 20:32:27 MDT 2008

I saw this go by on ebay:

Triumph TR2 TR3A steering rack conversion kit
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200222653052

It was $1583 and they had 10 of them, but evidently none of them sold.

Does anyone have any experience with this kit, or with any sort of
front end conversion?

My front end is a mess, I think some of the replacement parts that
were fitted before I got the car are wrong and are keeping the front
end from going back together properly.  But that may just be my
ineptitude.

So I'm tempted to go with a conversion such as this - my steering
box is getting pretty loose anyways, so it seems that problem would
be solved as well.

Anyone use one of these things or know of any other such solutions?

Dave