[TR] A question regarding gasket sealer

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Sat May 24 16:53:03 MDT 2008

> Should I use it anywhere there is  a gasket?

IMO, depends on circumstances.  For most gaskets (including the water pump),
I like to use Hylomar.  But there are a few places it's not appropriate,
like exhaust manifolds and cylinder heads.

For cam covers, I 'glue' the gasket to the cover with Permatex #3 or RTV,
then use Hylomar between the gasket and cylinder head.  Gives at least some
chance of being able to re-use the gasket next time you check the valves.

Randall