[TR] Ignition rotors

pethier at comcast.net pethier at comcast.net
Fri May 23 12:00:39 MDT 2008

I have been having some on-again-off-again problems with the TR4.

The car runs great, then not at all, then OK again.  I had to coast it home last Sunday.  It shut down completely and would not restart.  The other day I got a minute to go out to the shop and it started right up and ran.  I didn't have time to drive it.

Before I amputate the Pertronix, I'm going to try another rotor.  I have heard a lot of talk about rotors causing trouble in Lucas distributors.

I have just ordered a Borg-Warner brand rotor from my local FLAPS (it's an O'Rielly)  and am going to pick it up after work.  I don't remember what the consensus was on the dielectric strength of the different brands.

--
Phil Ethier  West Side  Saint Paul Minnesota  USA
1962 Triumph TR4 CT2846L, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1993 Suburban,