[TR] Painting

DLylis at aol.com DLylis at aol.com
Wed May 21 17:40:38 MDT 2008

I have sprayed bonnets and boots and wings, but have not had the
questionable pleasure of spraying an engine bay.  I won't say I'm a pro but  I can do a
decent job, nothing that color sanding and buffing can't make look  really good.
I have just finished the engine bay on my 3A, and I have to say, what a
PITA.  If I were to do it all over again I would mask the bulkhead and  opposite
inner wing and spray the remaining.  Wait a day or so and mask the  bulkhead
and painted wing and spray the remaining . . .and, you get the  picture.  The
overspray issue is such a pain.  Am I on the right track  here, or am I
overthinking it?  I used an HVLP gravity feed, but  still!!
Comments please

David  Lylis
69 TR6 CC26160L
60 TR3A TS74461LO