[TR] pulley conversion/ fan elimination

Randy&Val DeRuiter deruiterville at hotmail.com
Wed May 21 15:54:20 MDT 2008

Another vendor out there is www.trparts.com to eliminate the fan extension,
NFI but it looks like it would work.  I have a thin belt kit on the shelf but
for now I did my alternator conversion using a wide belt and have held off on
the fan.

Randy
64 TR4> From: goh56agan at comcast.net> To: triumphs at autox.team.net> Date: Wed,
21 May 2008 17:13:30 +0000> Subject: [TR] pulley conversion/ fan elimination>
> List,> I should have come to the list in the first place. In the process of
my TR4 build I planned to convert to the 1/2" fan belt and replace the fan
with an electric. Seemed simple enough. After purchasing the 1/2" pulley
conversion kit, I realized that it did not eliminate the fan so now I need a
way to do this. Anyone have any experience with this? Do I need another kit?
If so where can I get it. Can I replace the fan shaft with a bolt to hold the
pulley on? What size? Do I need a harmonic balancer? Do I sell the car and buy
a Miata? JK Thanks in advance.> Gary O>