[TR] pulley conversion/ fan elimination

goh56agan at comcast.net goh56agan at comcast.net
Wed May 21 11:13:30 MDT 2008

List,
I should have come to the list in the first place.  In the process of my TR4 build I planned to convert to the 1/2" fan belt and replace the fan with an electric.  Seemed simple enough.  After purchasing the 1/2" pulley conversion kit, I realized that it did not eliminate the fan so now I need a way to do this.  Anyone have any experience with this?  Do I need another kit?  If so where can I get it. Can I replace the fan shaft  with a bolt to hold the pulley on?  What size?  Do I need  a harmonic balancer?  Do I sell the car and buy a Miata? JK Thanks in advance.
Gary O