[TR] Any adjustments to stop 2nd gear from popping?

Tom Deutsch tdskip at yahoo.com
Mon May 19 22:25:32 MDT 2008

Hi guys - thanks in advance for any coaching or help.

  Short of a gearbox out rebuild, are there any adjustments to help prevent second gear from popping out of gear? The other gears are fine, and second gear only pops out on deceleration. I found this out, of course, after having a shop remove and replace the existing gearbox with a supposedly newly rebuilt / low mileage one. Shift action is good, clutch engagement is a bit low, and the newly installed gearbox has to correct oil in it.

  So I'm out the cost of the box, labor and most likely the new box and labor. Argh...

  Thanks,

  Tom