[TR] A question regariding the Hardware Catalogue Used by Standard Triumph Vehicles.

Jeff Scarbrough fishplate at charter.net
Sat May 17 08:35:35 MDT 2008

At 10:07 AM 5/17/2008, sujit roy wrote:
>For people who have this catalogue, can someone please tell me what the
>difference is between a BOLT - HEXAGON HEAD and  SETSCREW - HEXAGON HEAD?

I don't have the catalogue, but in general a bolt is meant to clamp
two pieces together, while a setscrew is meant to hold a piece fast
to a shaft.  Thus a bolt has a flat end, while a setscrew has a pointed end.

Jeff Scarbrough      75 TR6 x 1, 76 1500 x 2, 78 1500 x 1, 80 1500 x 0.5
http://www.fishplate.org/vehicles/
Athens, Georgia         #354