[TR] TR3 knock.....

DLylis at aol.com DLylis at aol.com
Fri May 16 17:04:48 MDT 2008

Kevin,
I bought a 3A about a year and a half ago which was a pretty good  driver.
One day I started to notice a knock at idle that went away when  the motor came
up to temp.  The long and the short of it is that it got  worse and then just
kind of stayed that way.  Removing the plug wire  gave pretty much the same
as you describe.  I communicated with Randall  about his and he told me his
piston slap story and that it went on for a long  time.  Well, my anal retentive
nature finally took over and I pulled  the head and found my #3 piston was the
culprit.  I have rebuilt  the motor and true to the nature of the hobby, the
tranny, od, front end, all  springs, steering, and am painting the car this
weekend.
What ever you decide to do with this knock, just know when to  stop!

Where are you on the Cape?  I will be in Chatham, Brewster, and  Falmouth
this summer visiting and just having fun.
(Ooops, just noticed your email.  Woods Hole?)

David  Lylis
69 TR6 CC26160L
60 TR3A TS74461LO

favorites at AOL Food.