[TR] TR3 knock.....

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Fri May 16 11:22:17 MDT 2008

>  Any opinions on the lifter idea??

Pulling a plug wire would not affect noise from the valve train.

>   Also, are wrist pins and clips available separately??

Not new, AFAIK, but I've got lots of used ones.  But what you need may
depend on which pistons you have.

I've found lots of problems with various "rebuilt but never used" items I've
bought over the years.  The "rebuilt" TR3 motor I got turned out to have
mismatched pistons in it.  Plus 10 years is a long time; things can happen.
My point is hat IMO you should just tear down the engine and check it out,
not make any assumptions about only one thing being wrong.  But if you have
pulling the front apron as much as I do, you can start by pulling the head &
pan with the engine still in the car.

Randall