[TR] roadster shipping

Brad Kahler brad.kahler at 141.com
Tue May 13 21:00:38 MDT 2008

We're starting to plan the shipment of our new 2000 Roadster from Santa
Barbara to Little Rock.  It looks like it will be easy to find someone
to ship the car the challenge is going to be finding someone that is
DEPENDABLE to ship the car.  I've heard lots of horror stories about how
cars were treated in shipment and I don't want to have something like
that happen to us.

We're getting quotes from around $900 to $1200 on an open carrier and
from $1500 and up for an enclosed carrier.  For obvious reasons my
preference is an enclosed trailer but its kinda hard to justify the
additional cost.

Have any of you recently (last 6 months) shipped a car and if so who did
you use and were you happy with the results?

The probable shipping date is mid to late June.  We'd kinda like to have
it in Little Rock so we can take it to the VTR convention this year,
that is assuming all the other logistics work out.

Looking for any and all leads here!

Thanks,

Brad