[TR] [6pack] TR6 Cam Bearings: bore size?

Robert Lang lang at isis.mit.edu
Tue May 13 16:02:41 MDT 2008

On Tue, 13 May 2008 triumph at 2simpleusa.com wrote:

> My block is going in to be prepared for insertion of Spit. cam bearings
> ... does anyone have the definitive bore size for fitting the Spitfire
> cam bearings in te TR6 block?

If you provide the bearings with the block, any competent machinist will
figure out what to do. Otherwise, if you tell them that the bearings are
from a Spitfire, they can look up the OD for the align bore.

Don't forget to provide your cam so they can dimension the journals for
proper clearance. Otherwise, they might go in too tight and you'll have
problems.

I recall that aptfast.com had the dimensions, but I'm having trouble
accessing that site right now... but check them out.

> Thanks,
> Tony Gordon
> 72 TR6

rml