[TR] Green stuff brake pads

John Mitchell jmitch at snet.net
Sun May 11 09:51:27 MDT 2008

   I just replaced my old green stuff brake pads with new ones.  Then
new ones came with what is called a break in coating and rubber type
anti squeal pads that are applied to the back.  With the old ones I used
the steel anti squeal shims.  I just went for a ride and I can hear them
lightly scuffing the sides if disc which goes away with increasing speed.
I never noticed this with the old pads when new.  There's no squeal,
just the scuffing sound.  Is this the sound of the break in coating and
does it just have to be driven a while for it to go away?  Thanks
again,  John Mitchell  76 Tr6