[TR] [6pack] Ruining rheostats

Bob rpeglow at optonline.net
Thu May 8 12:19:36 MDT 2008

Electrical diagram I have shows 8 dashboard lamps wired to (red wire)
rheostat and wire (red/white) to fuse 12V.
Will fuse blow if you connect red to red/white?
Rheostat function is to vary current/voltage to lamps thereby vary light
intensity.
This should not by itself draw more current...blow fuse and burn rheostat.
Seems more like where the wires belong on the rheostat itself would be the
issue.
Regards,
Bob