[TR] Radiator burping

Mark Vaden markvaden at gmail.com
Wed May 7 12:00:09 MDT 2008

Hi All,

Last weekend I was running my TR4A at VARA's British Extravaganza. The
car ran great, but after each run it was burping water around the edge
of the radiator cap, and not into the overlfow. On the second day I
bought a 21lb cap, and it did not burp out the cap during my first 2
runs, but it did burp out on my 3rd run. I think that 21lbs is too
high, but it was all they had available at the track . The car never
ran hot, and it is a new engine rebuild. The head was pressure tested
and magna fluxed. Any ideas on what would cause all of this pressure?

TIA,
Mark