[TR] Water Injection Info --GM had in 62!

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Tue May 6 18:32:12 MDT 2008

> With blower, the Jetfire V-8 churned
> out a healthy 215 bhp -- the long-hallowed "1 hp per cu. in."

Does that displacement sound familiar to anyone ?

I'll give you a hint, the direct descendant of the Jetfire V8 (sans blower
and magic boost fluid) can be found in TR8s.

I heard the story somewhat differently though : the real problem was that GM
considered the water/alcohol mix to be proprietary.  Imagine having to visit
a GM dealer to fill your gas tank !  Most folks didn't do that and instead
drove the car for long periods of time with the boost fluid empty, which
caused all sorts of problems.

Plus of course, 215ci was simply too small for the huge iron Detroit was
building in those days of under $.30 gasoline.

Randall