[TR] Carbon on top of pistons - idiot responds

Janssen, Lee K lee.k.janssen at lmco.com
Tue May 6 09:34:53 MDT 2008

All:

I use water injection on my TR6 and based on my experience I don't
advise using this approach to eliminate existing carbon deposits. The
perceived cleaning effect of water is overstated. This is particularly
true for cars that have run with lead or lead substitutes - the carbon /
ash combination must be mechanically removed. As long as any carbon
buildup is not causing knock I wouldn't even consider solving the
perceived problem. If you simply want to clean up the engine internals
without popping the head off I recommend using BG-44-K; expensive and
effective.

You can visit my turbo charged Triumph web site at:

www.turbo-tr6.info <http://www.turbo-tr6.info/>

Hope this helps.

Lee