[TR] [6pack] Carbon on top of pistons - engine experts please help!

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Tue May 6 05:47:16 MDT 2008

> I would be careful how much water goes in the intake.

Indeed.  Which is exactly why we've been mentioning things like using a
garden sprayer to generate a mist of water; or pouring water very slowly and
carefully into the intake (which as noted, is risky).

However, I feel the risk is ameliorated somewhat by the fact the throttle is
just barely cracked and manifold vacuum is high.  The throttle plate is
going to limit how much water gets sucked in at once.

Not that I'm recommending the procedure; just discussing it.
Randall