[TR] Electrical Question/Test....of sorts

Bob Danielson 75TR6 at tr6.danielsonfamily.org
Mon May 5 18:54:45 MDT 2008

OK... I'm trying to get the back up lights to work with the Toyota 5 speed.
The tranny has 2 contacts, the TR6 has 2 leads (G & G/N). G is switched hot
and G/N goes to back up lights. Connect it all up, put it in reverse, turn
on the key and nada. Continuity test on switch is good. Voltage test on
leads shows power. Decide to connect G & G/N together to see if lights come
on. What comes on is the right side back up light and the right side brake
light. Go back to hooking it to switch and nothing again. After way more
time than I care to admit, I finally figured it out. Can you or am I the
only dummy?

Bob Danielson
1975 TR6 CF38503U
Running w/ Throttle Body Injection