[TR] [6pack] Carbon on top of pistons - engine experts please help!

MMoore8425 at aol.com MMoore8425 at aol.com
Mon May 5 10:46:17 MDT 2008

In a message dated 5/5/2008 8:55:11 A.M. Pacific  Daylight Time,
tr3driver at ca.rr.com writes:
It does work, at least to some  extent, and has been around for a long, long
time (longer than I have).   But the real "old time" mechanics didn't bother
with sissy garden sprayers,  they just slowly (!) poured from a cup right
into the  intake.

Personally, I would rather just go find a back road and run it at  full
output for awhile, which will also help clean out combustion  chamber
deposits (assuming it's now running cleanly).

Randall

I have noticed over the years replacing blown head gaskets on  Stags  and
XJ6's how very cleanthepsiton tops are on the affected cylinders. I also  have
some redex and they do recommend spraying it into the intake. Looks like
strawberry soda pop.
Mike Moore

favorites at AOL Food.