[TR] TR6 Stub Axle Seal Replacement

dmnlaw dmnlaw at peoplepc.com
Fri May 2 14:38:44 MDT 2008

Friends,

I am trying to replace the seals on my TR6 stub axles. I am trying to pull the bearings off in the directions of the axle splines. This, hopefully, will enable me to remove the carrier that holds the seal so I can replace it. I am unable to get the bearing off using this method. It moves about an eighth of an inch and seems to be getting blocked on a minor lip. Am I doing it wrong? Does heat need to be applied? I am trying to avoid pulling the flange but will if that is the only way to do it. Responses from anyone who has been there and done that there will be greatly appreciated.

Doug Nelson
Washington, GA
74TR6