[TR] TR4 cut out under power

Lee&John Howard leejohn7 at gmail.com
Thu May 1 11:35:48 MDT 2008

Well, it turns out the coil WAS bad, as well as, I think, the low tension
terminal wire. It had lost insulation so must have been shorting out to the
case. I wrapped it in tape and we got spark. So I don't know what came
first, the coil or the wire, but I imagine I messed up the wire when
screwing around under the dist cap.
This is almost enough to send me to electronic ignition! At least I will add
an spare points assembly in my boot bag.

Again, thanks for all your help. Keep your AAA paid up!

John