[TR] Cloth car cover

Jim Muller jimmuller at rcn.com
Thu May 1 06:03:08 MDT 2008

On 30 Apr 2008 at 19:38, Brad Kahler wrote:

> So for those of you who store cars outside what kind/brand/type
> of car covers are you using?

For maybe 5 years I used one of the high-tech-fabric covers from
California Car Cover, the thin stuff that feels like a cross between
nylon and silk.  Don't remember the exact name, but as I recall, the
last time I checked their stuff they had more models so I couldn't
identify it readily.  It worked very nicely.  They have different
models for different cars, even different from Spitfire to GT6; this
one was spec'ed for the GT6 but it covered the Spitfire too, just not
shaped as well.   Eventually the sun wore it out.

I replaced it with a cover from TRF which was made by CarCraft, I
believe.  It is much thicker and doesn't fold up into as convenient
package.  It isn't as waterproof, though paradoxically it seems to
hold water in the folds at the bottom, it has quickly gotten dirty on
the inside, some sort of dust comes off the inside and leaves the car
looking dirty.  To put it bluntly, it stays off the car more than on.
 As soon as finances settle (yeah, right!) I intend to replace it
with another from CCC.

--
Jim Muller
jimmuller at rcn.com